Monday, April 5, 2010

The Great Bake-Off - Cupcakes

Sometime last year I had a brainwave (likely induced by a passing craving for sugar) that it would be fun to have a monthly bake-off event, where a theme is set and everyone who comes bakes something to the theme. We had a few in Christchurch, hosted by various people, and I understand they're still going down there. Among themes tried were layer cake, cheesecake, and most recently (which I sadly missed) was the non-baked baking challenge, where you could use anything except the oven to 'bake' your baked goods.

Anyway, I felt like Wellington was missing out on all the fun - so we have decided to host what we hope will be the first of many Wellington bake-offs this coming Saturday at 7pm... And the theme is cupcakes!



According to the somewhat arbitrary rules set by myself, a cupcake should be a single-serving size cake with some sort of icing. If you'd like to join the fun comment here or email rosa.wakefield@gmail.com and I'll give you the details of where to come. There is also a Facebook event for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Design by Quentin de Manson Web Design